I was in a delighted state of shock when I answered the phone and it was the OR booking office at the hospital. I paid attention and was able to write everything down although most of it was illegible.
That call came about two weeks ago. I made the decision to wait a little while before telling more than my immediate family and two of my Girl Guide "daughters" that I have known for a very long time. Since then I have had four calls from other departments and all of my pre-op appointments are booked.
Last Thursday I went to the first and longest appointment - physio. This appointment, all five hours of it, included so much information that I was exhausted and overwhelmed when it was over. I now know what to expect and what I need to do and get in order to be prepared for my post-op rehab. They strongly recommended that your post-op caregiver attend with you and I amvery thankful that They even sent a requisition to the local Red Cross lending store listing everything that I will need to borrow. And there is a booklet of pre-op exercises that I will start tomorrow... because it is far too late tonight.
In one month, on September 23, 2015 I will have a new knee! Until then I will be following my physio handout and working with Jared to basically retrain some muscle attachments to respond when I need them to respond. I apologize to physios everywhere if my explanations sound like they came from a lab tech but they did.
I will keep you posted on my progress over the next 30 days.
So happy for you that the journey has begun to improve your life with less pain.
ReplyDeleteComing up quickly now!
ReplyDeleteStrange I am only seeing this post now because there was a comment from Ruth on it...not sure why things like this don't always show on my feed. (also 2nd time typing this because it asked me to sign in and then erased everything)
I did not see this until today also. And only because of comment. I seem to be constantly changing Facebook, so that I get most recent news. Mum
ReplyDelete