Monday, 31 August 2015

Where did August go?

Today is the last day of August and in looking at my blog dates it appears that I didn't post at all in August.  The real reason for the apparent lack of posts is because I didn't change the date before posting. It seems this blogging thing requires me to pay attention and to post the blogs in a timely manner. My brain doesn't automatically switch out of retirement mode.
The recent weather on Vancouver Island, and in many other parts of BC, has been wet, windy and cool. The trees and plants that have been hand watered for the past two months have perked up and love it. My left knee does not share that excitement. Three hours manning an outdoor booth at the fall fair on Saturday did not help. I will not miss my weather sensitive knee.
This morning I had an appointment with Jared. He checked my leg muscle strength and the trigger points and more. And then he smiled! The exercises were well worth that smile. 
Jared has created a new list of exercises for me. These are to build up strength and endurance before the surgery. And the previous exercise that increased my ability to stand on my right leg only...it has more than paid off. The time this morning was slightly more than 60 seconds. 
My plan for today is to establish a comfortable exercise area on the main floor that doesn't have to be put away after use. The time to do that begins NOW before I get distracted by another project.
Feeling positively pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.