This morning, as I rolled out of bed, my left knee quickly let me know that the barometric pressure had dropped during the night. I checked the barometer in my hallway and sure enough it had dropped. We really need rain but so far today we have only had wind. The sun is out and the sky is overcast. Maybe it will rain tonight.
My weekly appointment with Jared was this morning. I have noticed improvement as I do the exercises but I wasn't quite ready for Jared's enthusiasm when I balanced on one foot. My starting time three weeks ago was three seconds with a lot of wobbling and frantic grabbing at the back of the chair. This morning I was steady for 25 seconds then wobbled for another three seconds before putting the other foot down. Now please don't try timing yourself doing this balancing trick because my pride in my achievement will be shattered when you do a full minute on the first try.
The other big thing that I have noticed is a lack of spatial awareness. This is mostly with my lower legs and specifically the left leg. It can be frustrating. There is one exercise that I know I am doing incorrectly. It involves standing on one leg, using a chair, and then twisting your foot and bending your leg at the knee. Please do not try this on your own because my instructions could be oh so wrong!
Next week I will ask Jared to explain it again and again and again if necessary until I can do it without thinking!
It is now four in the afternoon and all I really want to do is have a nap. With thanks to the freedom of retirement I think I will do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.