Saturday, 11 August 2012

This summer has a Silver Lining

This morning (Thursday, August 9) I got up early in order to watch the Canadian women's soccer team play France and to receive a very special delivery. All the pieces came together and Canada beat France for the Olympic bronze medal and I have a 2010 silver and grey T@B sitting in my garage.

Silver Lining is in my garage!!!! 


 


Silver Lining is in my garage! I said that out loud several times on Thursday as I walked around the house after she arrived. I may have said it a few times this afternoon as well. I may continue to say it until I go camping next week.  

It is now Saturday and those of you that know me well may be wondering why it has taken almost two days for me to post this. I started writing this post on Thursday morning right after Silver Lining (SL) was safely inside my garage. Then I realized that there were still a few things that had to be done before this saga was over—license and insure SL, make one more trip to McPhee's RV to deliver items belonging to LYT and pick up mirror extenders for the car. These errands led to a few more and I did spend some time on Thursday just sitting inside SL and listening to the AM/FM/CD stereo—a luxury that I didn't have in LYT.

Friday was another glorious day and I spent some of it hiking in Strathcona Provincial Park and thinking about the places I'll go. But before I can go anywhere I need to organize, sort and load the items that are currently stored in boxes in the garage behind SL. These are the items that I removed so hastily from LYT six weeks ago. Friends and I have booked sites at a nearby RV site for later next week. If all goes well on this trial trip—no reason why it shouldn`t—I will embark on a longer road trip.

Does every cloud that one encounters in life have a silver lining? No, not at all. In fact, if they did I imagine that many people might wish for things to go wrong so that they get something better. Life doesn't work like that and what a mess we would have if it did. Things worked out for me this time and when they don't work out so well another time I need to remember this cloud and its silver lining.



2 comments:

  1. Wow Linda! Poor LYT! I'm glad she gets a new home though and they're not giving up on her. Also glad you got an upgraded T@B and you can go adventuring again! Don't let a temporary tie-down let you think for one single second that you're not capable. You're the most capable woman I know!! Can't wait to see pictures from your upcoming travels with Silver Lining. She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting Linda! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures with SL.

    ReplyDelete

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.