Sunday, 12 August 2012

Loading a trailer...


Loading a trailer is tiring, frustrating, annoying and exciting. Silver Lining is exactly the same model and layout as my Little Yellow Trailer was, actually that should be is since she is being rebuilt. You might think that it would be easy to load up the stuff that I had to remove after the accident but in fact it was anything but easy.
Firstly, the impact tossed most of the contents unceremoniously on the floor. Then three of us grabbed them up and tossed into my friend's trailer to transport back to my house. I put some of the loose stuff into two extra large tote boxes and placed them at the back of my garage. Then the trailer stuff that had been in my car was added to the pile so that I could take my car in for repairs. And when I left the car I checked out the trailer one last time and found even more items to add to the pile that eventually went the width of the garage.
Today I have been playing the 'stuff' game.  Moving the stuff from the garage into the trailer and I now have 'stuff' spread over the seats and floor of the trailer. It has become a huge game of 'stuff' and I am hot, tired and nowhere near organized or ready to go camping. My younger sister shared the 'stuff' concept with me many years ago while on a week long bicycle camping trip. Playing 'stuff' became a regular activity whenever I travel or prepare to travel whether by myself or with others.
I am excited to be able to share this link to a 1986 video of George Carlin talking about stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac






No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.