Thursday, 21 January 2016

Two Weeks Left...

By far the worst part of the joint replacement surgical process is the waiting. Some might disagree and suggest that nothing is worse than the first two weeks post-op. While that is a very painful period I see it as part of the road to recovery. I went into the first surgery with a positive and optimistic mindset that there would be short term pain for long term gain. The only limitations since then have been due to my as yet unreplaced knee. 
The current waiting period has been easier because now I know the benefits. My left leg is straight and strong. In comparison my right leg has a definite curve and I am not always cognizant of the orientation of my foot. I haven't fallen (yet) but I have come close. Close enough to be frightened and to become even more cautious. 
I have given more than a little thought to future activities. I am not going to ski anymore but I will go snowshoeing. As much as I might like to ride a bicycle again I am uncertain about the amount of use it might get. Mostly I want to walk/hike and explore the beauty and diversity of the Comox Valley.


1 comment:

  1. Totally agree, the waiting is the hardest...as we are seeing with waiting for J's brace. Paperwork is the worst...due to some companies still being in the stone ages.
    Hope your two weeks goes quickly and everything goes smoothly!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.