Thursday, 15 August 2013

Halifax, no wait this is Newfoundland

Halifax really was wonderful. The citadel was an amazing history lesson and the most important thing I learned was why I couldn't remember it from my childhood. Basically it was there but not accessible until the sixties. My last visit was in October and it was only partially open... no tours were offered and there wasn't anybody in period costumes to make history come alive. This time there was and it was very well done and yes I will spare you the history lesson this time.
From the Citadel we went downtown and wandered the waterfront for a few hours. The weather was very cooperative. After a quick supper we took a sailboat cruise in the harbour which I thoroughly enjoyed. Seeing the sights from the water offered a new perspective and we saw the naval shipyard and went around George's island. This was actually the day before my visit to Shannon Park and that blog is already posted. 
This is the end of my third day in Newfoundland and I am beginning to wonder if I will ever be caught up. St. John's, Port Blandford and Twillingate must be done before we leave this wonderful vacation rental home... the wifi is the best ever! There's only one day and night left at this house before moving on to Trinity. G'nite now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.