Friday, 9 August 2013

A Special Place Revisited

When I was last in Nova Scotia, a little more than 10 years ago, I camped in Kejimkujik National Park and also visited Kejimkujik Seaside Adjunct which became my favourite national park. Visiting it again was my number one priority while in Nova Scotia. In the time since I was last here, the entrance to the park has changed and the trails are different. But the absolute splendour of this gem has not changed.  
I was enthral led from the moment I stepped on the trail. The fields, the bogs, the vegetation and the vistas of natural shoreline are as incredible and breathtaking as they were the first time I was here. Except I was seeing them from a different perspective because the entrance location has been relocated and there were two paths to choose from but those are only the means to access the beauty that is there. 

 
This flower was past its prime but the top was firm and thick and in the second photo you can see what I think must be a seed pod. If anyone knows what this is please leave a comment.

 
More interesting plants.

 
We arrived at the beach and the trail bcame cobble stones and turned to follow the shoreline. After visiting the Fundy Geological Museum in Five Islands, NS we wondered if the large rock in the picture on the right was from a previous era?

 
  


 












1 comment:

  1. I have learned that the flower I asked for help in identifying is a pitcher plant.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.