Monday, 28 September 2015

Let the Physio Begin

Yesterday I had my first post-op physio appointment at the hospital. It was a non-event. I demonstrated my degree of bend and then got to sit on an exercise ball and roll the ball to increase the bend that was already well beyond the required amount of bend. No new ideas, no additional exercises and not even a reminder to do the exercises listed in the book we had been given many months ago. I was not impressed. 
Today I woke up with pain and the most swelling I have had. After a lot of icing and numerous sets of bending exercises my leg has settled down and so have I. My main worry is what I will be asked to do tomorrow and how swollen my knee will be by 1:30 which is my scheduled appointment time and will I be asked to do anything different. Ruth has already stated that if I don't get more of an actual physio visit tomorrow then I should schedule an appointment with Jared. And I agree and I will.


1 comment:

  1. Although you had some issues with physio, I think it's worth continuing. I have a torn ACL and while it is nothing like the extent of your knee problems, it still can be painful. I had similar problems with my physio and but I decided to continue on. I still haven't had any trouble with it after six years!

    ReplyDelete

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.