Peggy's Cove is one of my most favourite places to visit. It never fails to leave me in awe of the power of nature to create such a breathtaking display of rock. The lighthouse, the tiny community and the people that live here make it a delightful place to spend an afternoon or two. Ruth and I went to Peggy's Cove and the Swissair Memorial the day that Ken returned to Lunenberg to visit the Fisheries Museum. It was overcast with a light wind. As we drove along Hwy 3 we were continually pulling over to get photo's of Margaret's Bay. This is a delightful bay with many nooks and crannies and photo ops. I only seem to have uploaded two of those photos And they aren't of the scenery. The colourful building on the left is White Sails Bakery and Deli and the food is delicious and has a maritime flavour. Sugar pie, cake donuts, poutin, and more. The painting on the right is only part of the decorations in the front yard of this storyteller and artist.
On to Peggy's Cove.In the ten plus years since I was last here it has not lost any of its charm or quaint shops and has indeed added some without harming the ambience I any way. The newest shop is Amos Pewter which was the last place I needed to visit again but I did do a quick walk through with Ruth and we kept each other from buying anything else for anyone or any reason. It was hard to do that, we are both addicted to their items. We did each purchase a handmade lobster buoy as a garden decoration and they were made by are tired lobster fisher.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.