But first I had to get here and I actually did that without any problems and I stopped on the lout skirts of Truro to visit a very large Canadian Tire store. There I purchased a new cooler to augment the fridge in my trailer. Now I can keep more than a one day supply of veggies, yogurt, etc. Overfilling the little fridge causes everything to freeze.
After arriving and setting up camp and surviving the fog, mist and rain (sometimes all at the same time) I went for a drive to the end of the road on the Cape Blomidin spit. The Cape Blomidin trail is, apparently world famous... I didn't know that, did you? It is a 7 to 8 hours return hike and runs beside or along numerous cliffs. I decided not to venture down that path at all. Sometimes good judgment prevails and I didn't really want to see the front page of my home paper saying local women rescued from trail by the Atlantic search and rescue team.
The fog and the sun began working together to create a magical mystery island:
This morning I managed to consolidate a few more items and add them to the back of the truck. Items that are stored back there seem to settle during travel which gives me a little more space to tuck items that I will not bring the next time. Since it was raining when I arrived I stopped to take pictures from the Lookoff in the sun while the tide was out.
Next on my list was a visit to Wolfville to wander down the Main Street. As a bonus I managed to buy more local prepaid postcards to send to my sponsored child in Peru. I am sending her cards from various locations and connecting them to points that I marked on a map and sent to her before I left home. I have discovered that no two post offices stock the same cards so I am now building up a stock of them to send on a fairly regular. If part of my message gets lost when it is translated she will still have a collection of postcards with great pictures of Canada.
Now that I have exhausted my appetite for Tim Horton products and enjoyed their consistent wifi, it is time for me to return to my wee trailer and add some photos to these posts. And then I will relax knowing that I can now write in the present except for filling in the missing PEI days. Tomorrow I move on to Yarmouth for five nights, at least I think it's five. And if it is more than five that's fine too.
Later that evening:
I finished writing, closed my iPad and went towards my truck. And then I saw Ruth across the street! She was phoning me as I called her name. She was headed to Tim Horton's for the wifi but I suggested we use the coffe shop across the street from them since I had been there for quite a while already. So we had iced lattes and sorted out a few things on our iPads.
Then instead of heading home I detoured to Hall's Harbour which is a very scenic spot and a must see recommendation in the tour books. It didn't disappoint at all. And the bonus was that there was a shortcut back to The Lookoff! Once there I took almost the same picture as above, this time with the tide in.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.