Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Day 11 Somewhere in Pennsylvania

The "somewhere" in Pennsylvania is actually near Cooperstown but unfortunately baseball fans the MLB Hall of Fame is not on our itinerary. Arriving in the dark at 10:30 was not our original plan but neither was stopping at the Corning Museum of Glass. You just might think that some spontaneity has crept into the "schedule" and indeed it has. Stopping at Grandma's Cafe for dinner in a small town was a good decision as well. We knew it might be a late arrival at this KOA and cooking dinner would have been a chore. Plus there are spiders and other crawly things that like humidity and are thriving in the tall wet grass.
This is the most uneven and slanted site I have encountered. I pulled the trailer up onto four pieces of wood on the lower side and it is still far from level. I'm sure I'll sleep regardless.
We crossed the Appalachian Mountains today and Sterling was a star, rarely dropping down a gear and loving the turns. Eastern mountains are nothing like the mountains back home.
I can feel myself sliding off the dinette seat so I can only imagine how much I'll slide when I lie down. Oh well morning will come quickly.
We have met many people who have been helpful, courteous and willing to help in any way they can. Such as the young fellow that stopped when Ken pulled over tonite. It was dark and we were having trouble finding the KOA site and this stranger said follow me and led us right to it. Thank you, thank you and we we will pay it forward.
And this morning the KOA owner gave us highway by highway instructions to avoid the toll highways and get to our next campground. I was very thankful since my brand new GPS has frozen. Ken and Ruth are somewhere behind me and I need to connect with them because I don't have the campground info. So a little forethought in the planning was needed today. But it has been a great day regardless and as long as my trailer is level tonight I will be A very happy camper. 
We get to go shopping tomorrow and on Friday we will be back in Canada. Hurray! I can turn my cell phone on again! I have missed the calendar and the alarm clock and....

4 comments:

  1. I guess it was the Catskills we camped in when we went through to Maryland. Anyhow it was Rip Van Winkle country. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to sign previous message. J.A.H. or M.U.M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi this is Chezney thanks for the card and the bell the day you left I saw you leaving the camp ground you are a very nice friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can turn your cellphone on silly! Just put it in airplane mode so you don't get any texts or emails or wifi connections. Then it can function just as an alarm clock :p

    ReplyDelete

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.