Sunday, 30 June 2013

Shout outs

There are some special thoughts about some special people that I'd like to share...

Firstly to the parents and three kids we met while at the Dairy Queen for a very late supper on Mt. Rushmore day... To Mom and Dad you have three amazing kids and that is a reflection on you. To the kids you each have a unique personality and together with your parents you are an amazing family. You truly seem to enjoy each other and yet you are each unique. That is very special!

To Heidi, my hairdresser... my hair is behaving wonderfully, thinned enough to fall nicely and require very little attention in the mornings. For my sisters and nieces who struggle with hairdressers that think thinning means cutting it shorter may you all find someone like Heidi who knows how to thin it properly.

To Chezney who I met this morning just before leaving the campsite... I hope you have fun celebrating Canada Day tomorrow and I promise to celebrate on the Fourth of July for you. Stick with Girl Scouts Chezney and take advantage of the opportunities it offers. The big camp event I was telling you about is SOAR 2014. If you do a Google search you should be bale to find it. Ask your Grandmother for help...she seems really keen. 

To my parents who introduced me to travelling and exploring on our many moves. Thank you. If it wasn't for those experiences I may never have had the courage to undertake any of the trips I've done before and especially not one as big as this. This is easy compared to the trip from NS to Maryland with four kids including a baby, who needed formula prepared, and a cat.

To Girl Guides which gave me many opportunities to explore different places and learn many skills that are useful and relevant on this journey.

Yes it is late. It is in fact now July 1 so Happy Canada Day and good night.





1 comment:

  1. And thanks to YOU for passing on so much of your wisdom and sharing your own unique and amazing personality with all of your girls over the years. We all love you for it!

    ReplyDelete

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.