Tuesday, 25 June 2013

A Memorable Experience

The first order of day two was to gas up the vehicles. Ken and Ruth had earned discount certificates at Fred Meyers yesterday so that's where we headed for gas. Last year my experiences at gas stations in Washington were frustrating, annoying and void of any customer service. The pumps require that you enter a Zip code if using a credit card but north of the 49th parallel we don't have zipcodes.  Some  gas stations wanted to hold your credit card while you filled and others really didn't seem to care about you as a customer or a Canadian.
Enter Anna, the Fred Meyers employee at the Fred Meyers gas bar this morning. She smiled as I walked up to her kiosk and asked how she could help me. I asked about the procedure if I wanted to pay cash and she indicated that I could pay before I pumped the gas and then asked if I would like a receipt. I smiled at her and said "I trust you" and then went back to pump the gas. This was so different from my experiences last year which at times made me feel that I was invisible and a nuisance. Anna then helped Ken and Ruth who were using a credit card. I have completed a Fred Meyers customer service card and it will be mailed as soon as I see a post box. The seem to be as scarce in the US as they are in Canada. 
Than you for making my day Anna!

1 comment:

  1. Full of envy! Always wanted to see Mount Rushmore and all around that part of the country. Enjoy!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.