Last weekend it was suggested that I hitch the trailer to the truck and practice backing up in the empty Costco parking lot. A great idea and as soon as I buy additional chain I may actually be able to hitch it safely to the truck. The safety chains and the breakaway cable that were both too long with the car are too short with the truck. Add one more thing to the list that will have me prepared before departure day.
Newfoundland was added to the itinerary when a seat sale by West Jet was discovered about ten days ago. Last week hotel rooms and a vacation rental by owner for three nights were booked for that leg of the trip. The rental car is confirmed and that only leaves two nights lodging to reserve.
I have discovered the importance of having all of my reservations, notes and internet searches in one place and that will be my next task: compiling all of the scraps of paper and official records of reservations etc. into one safe place. The following list and many others like it also need to be consolidated!
Shopping and To Do List
1. chains - check the size required
2. safety cable - find out if it can be lengthened or must be totally replaced
3. order stay up hinges for the cupboards - a safety issue so I don't get hit on the head
4. get the battery charged before the test run in May
5. remember to take pictures to include in the blog next time
6. start a new list because there will be more things to do, buy or reserve
7. consolidate all information and store it in a safe place
8. research criteria for a safe place and how not to forget where it is...
Now I'm off to do something that isn't on the list—replace the foam in the seat cushion for the trailer! It is the most important thing even if it isn't on the list because comfort is very important on a long trip! And I'm sure I must have written it on a post-it note but where is it? It has to be on one of the many post-it notes that are buried in the mass of books, papers, etc. that are part of my planning process.
Dear comments,
ReplyDeleteIt has been reported to me that you are not allowing my friends to post comments. Please allow them to post!
Thank you,
lfl