Friday, 11 May 2012

Introducing Yellow T@B


Last year I purchased a slightly used and adorable T@B trailer. A sweet little unit with bright, yellow trim that makes me smile. The next day I drove from Oliver to Vancouver, BC on the infamous Hwy 3—aka  the Hope-Princeton—which has lots of hills, curves and a minimal number of passing lanes. The T@B is easy to tow and I had no problems adjusting to the additional weight or length as long as I wasn't backing up. On the final leg of the journey, to my home on Vancouver Island, I discovered the high cost of  'extra length'  on BC Ferries. Yike$.  There certainly won't be any weekend jaunts off the island with Yellow T@B.
My T@B is frequently described by other campground tenants as "cute." Many campground conversations have been initiated by strangers  with "Oh, that is sooo cute." and can quickly progress to "Could I just peek inside?"  And this usually happens when I really don't want to put down my book or am in desperate need of the little girl`s room.  As small as it may appear from the outside, the teardrop shape of a T@B is roomy for one person and cozy for two as long as they are a close couple or really good friends and both are under five foot ten. 
I made several additional trips last year to both serviced and non-serviced sites before reluctantly putting my drop of sunshine away for the winter. The longest and most memorable of those trips was to Tofino on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Yellow T@B was warm and dry through torrential downpours and wind storms which are considered normal November weather in Tofino.
Over the winter I began to think about my dream of taking a road trip to the east coast of Canada, taking the time to enjoy the scenery, visit National Parks and Historic Sites and generally behave like a retiree. And at some point I made the decision to take this trip in August/September of 2012.




1 comment:

  1. She's a beauty! I love that you call her "a drop of sunshine"

    ReplyDelete

Family and friends—please include your first name when leaving a comment.